Waltham is a city along the Charles River in Middlesex County, Massachusetts, United States. It was formed after separation from Watertown in the year 1738. Waltham has played a big role in the labor movement and Industrial revolution of America. In fact it is famous as “Watch City of America” as the Waltham Watch Company that started in 1854 in Waltham was the first company in the country to set up mass production of watches on assembly lines. It was the first modern factory in United States and marked the beginning of America’s industrial revolution.
The city of Waltham now houses more than 60,000 people and is a hub for scientific research and higher education. It is home to following universities –
- Bentley University
- Brandeis University
- Regis College
- The Center for Digital Imaging Arts at Boston University
Waltham has a rich cultural history that can be explored at various world class monuments, museums and art galleries. the National Register of Historical Sites specially mentions some city archives that reflect the unique history that Waltham is proud of. Theses include The Waltham Watch Factory, The Charles River Museum of Industry, The Lyman Estate, The Gore Estate, and The Robert Treat Payne Estate.
In recent times Waltham has come to be known as “Little Kampala” as a large number of Ugandans have inhabited the city.
There are a plenty of things to do and see in the city, including world famous museums, great restaurants, renowned learning institutions, theatres, parks and more. Listed below are some of the attractions in Waltham.
- American Jewish Historical Society
- Charles River Museum of Industry & Innovation
- Cardinal Spellman Museum Of Stamps And Postal History
- Golden Ball Tavern Museum
- Rose Art Museum of Brandeis University
- DeCordova Museum and Sculpture Park
- Girl Scout Museum At Cedar Hill
- National Archives and Records Administration, New England Region
- Codman Estate
- Gropius House
- Gore Place
- Lyman Estate
- Lyman Estate Greenhouses
- Regan Insurance Agency
- Mount Feake Cemetery
- Stonehurst, the Robert Treat Paine Estate
- Waltham Public Library
- Waltham Museum
- Waltham Historical Society
Art, Music & Theatre
- Bentley College Performing Art Series
- Brandeis Theater Company
- Concerts On The Waltham Common
- Brandeis University Concert Series
- Embassy Cinema
- Reagle Music Theatre
- Waltham Arts Council – Concert
- The Hovey Players
- Waltham Farmers Market
Parks & Walks
- Appalachian Mountain Club
- Charles River Canoe and Kayak
- Charles Riverwalk
- Waltham Parks and Recreation
- Leo J.Martin Memorial Golf Course
- Weston Ski Track, Martin Golf Course
- Drumlin Farm Educational Center
Here’s a special video by Waltham Tourism Council featuring citizens of Waltham who are happy people and proud of their city. Waltham is Happy. It surely is !!!
INFO FROM https://www.waltham-community.org/
The property listing data and information set forth herein were provided to MLS Property Information Network, Inc. from third party sources, including sellers, lessors and public records, and were compiled by MLS Property Information Network, Inc. The property listing data and information are for the personal, non commercial use of consumers having a good faith interest in purchasing or leasing listed properties of the type displayed to them and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties which such consumers may have a good faith interest in purchasing or leasing. MLS Property Information Network, Inc. and its subscribers disclaim any and all representations and warranties as to the accuracy of the property listing data and information set forth herein.